Hello Private Music Teachers.
This month, we are pleased to announce our launch in Perth, Western Australia. We are currently interviewing for passionate Home-visit Music and Vocal Teachers to join our fast growing team. Perhaps you or a friend you know would be interested in knowing a bit more?
Who is Music Central?
Music Central is a music teachers community who visit students in the comfort of their own home. We don’t teach from a studio or academy. We teach modern and classical styles on all instruments to kids aged 5-18yo at their house.
We also host weekend band rehearsals and holiday band camps for our students to develop their music skills in an encouraging and authentic environment.
Music Central was founded in London, UK in 2006 by Australian born musician and teacher David George. Off the back of its success in London, Music Central hit Australian shores in December 2015. Music Central has recently started its first community in Perth’s Western Suburbs and has the vision to plant more Perth communities in late 2016.
What We Believe.
Whilst we believe in the importance of traditional music education, we especially want to cater for children who want to learn music in a modern context. We want to bring the thrill of the concert to the lesson room. In our experience we have seen that if we can create an immersive experience for a student during their lesson the likelihood of them continuing with their instrument is a lot higher. We have found that the results are that students will develop a natural interest in theory, history, sight reading and the more academic aspects of music.
Why Home-Visit Lessons?
We believe there are many benefits with Home-Visit Teaching.
- Travelling to your students allows your home to be a home, not a teaching studio.
- Belonging to a local community brings work and offers you the support you need.
- Teachers work under a “per-student” consulting agreement to allow for a more flexible working schedule.
- Through regular connection, teachers can inform and support parents who can better assist the students development mid week.
- Teachers can assist with instrument set up and musical practice environment.
Why Work with Music Central?
- Music Central offer competitive teacher fees.
- Have your administration and invoicing completed on your behalf.
- Assistance with Working with Children Certificate.
- Online teacher profile attached to the Music Central website.
- No teacher sign up or registration fees.
- You control the lesson material! We can link you with the students you want!
- Teachers can develop their teaching skills faster and draw on the experience of other Music Central teachers through our teacher connection events and forums.
- Attend half yearly teacher development workshops.
- Through Music Central, teachers have the chance to teach band and ensemble classes or manage a Music Central Community in their local area.
We are interviewing teachers of all levels of experience and qualification for an immediate start. Applicants must have access to a reliable public or personal transport option. Whilst we are launching in the Western Suburbs we are interviewing teachers living in all areas of Perth.
Teacher interviews commence Monday the 22nd February 2016. For more information please call our office for more details. Alternatively you can email your CV or resume to email@example.com and we will be in contact.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.